What information is collected?
Too Fast Online Inc. may collect personal and non-personal information from you when you register on the site, place orders, subscribe to newsletters, respond to surveys or fill-out forms. Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. Non-personal information is data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. When filling-out forms on the website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, etc. You may, however, visit the site anonymously.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Additionally, Too Fast Online Inc. compiles and maintains its own e-mail list database.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information collected from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve the website based on the information and feedback received from you
- To improve customer service by more effectively responding to your customer service requests and support needs
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- To send periodic emails, which will include an option to opt-out anytime by updating your preferences
The e-mail address that you provide for any forms on the website, may be used to send information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Outside party information disclosure?
Your personal information is not sold, traded, or otherwise transferred to outside parties. Your personal information may be released when the release is necessary to comply with legal requirements. Your personal information may also be released if the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the Terms & Conditions of Use or to protect company operations or site users. Non-personal visitor information may be provided to outside parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Are cookies used?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Cookies are used to help remember and process the items in your shopping cart and understand and save your preferences for future visits.
Information collected by cookies and other technologies is treated as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local or federal law, these identifiers are also treated as personal information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of cookies we collect
The list below are the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- FORM_KEY: Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests
- PHPSESSID: Your session ID on the server
- GUEST-VIEW: Allows guests to view and edit their orders
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART: A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this
- STF: Information on products you have emailed to friends
- STORE: The store view or language you have selected
- MAGE-CACHE-SESSID: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster
- MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster
- MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster
- MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster
- SECTION-DATA-IDS: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster
- PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION: Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster
- X-MAGENTO-VARY: Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster
- MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION: Facilitates translation of content to other languages
- MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE: Facilitates translation of content to other languages
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
Because your privacy is valued, necessary precautions have been taken to follow the Canadian Federal Privacy Law for Private Sector Organizations. Except for the afore-mentioned circumstances, your personal information will not be distributed to outside parties without your consent.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The site follows the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and information from anyone under thirteen (13) years of age is not collected. The website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older. If it becomes known that information was collected from a child under the age of 13, the necessary steps will be taken to delete the information as soon as reasonably possible.